If you are resident outside Nigeria, the St. Augustine Medical Centre & Assisted Reproduction Technology Unit Endoscopy Scheme gives you the opportunity to undergo endoscopy in the leading fertility and endoscopy centre in Nigeria and also avails you the opportunity of visiting loved ones at home at a highly subsidized rate. The scheme is packaged with your convenience and comfort as a priority. You can enjoy any of our package categories (dependent on treatment, category of flight and accommodation).
Other benefits include airport pick-up, highly subsidized rates (flight, accommodation and feeding) finance options availability, counseling, acupuncture.
Laparoscopy, a minimally invasive procedure or keyhole procedure is a modern surgical technique in which operations are performed far from their locations through small incisions (usually 0.5-1.5 cm) elsewhere in the body. It is used to find and treat problems such as cysts, adhesions, fibroids and endometriosis. Tissue samples can be taken for biopsy through the tube (laparoscope).
Benefits of Laparoscopy
- To diagnose tubal factor infertility especially when used with a dye test
- To remove adhesion bands around the tubes and/or ovaries
- To remove or burn-off endometriotic deposits anywhere found, tubes, ovaries, cul-de-sac, e.t.c, wherever possible
- Sometimes to treat anovulation due to a polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) by drilling holes in the ovaries
- Sometimes to remove fibroids
- Quicker recovery and better satisfaction
This is the inspection of the uterine cavity by endoscopy with access through the cervix. It allows for the diagnosis of intrauterine pathology (diagnostic hysteroscopy) and serves as a method for surgical intervention (operative hysteroscopy). A hysteroscope which is an endoscope that carries optical and light channels or fibres is introduced in a sheath that provides an inflow and outflow channel for distension of the uterine cavity. In addition, an operative channel may be present to introduce scissors, graspers or biopsy instruments.
Benefits of Hysteroscopy
- To diagnose and treat Asherman’s Syndrome i.e adhesion bands inside the uterine cavity where embryos implant and babies grow.
- To diagnose and treat submucous fibroid or endometrial polyps found in the uterine cavity
- To dilate the cervix in cases of cervical stenosis
- Removal of embedded IUD
- To correct septum dividing the uterine canal
Renowned Experts And State –of-the-art- Facilities
At St. Augustine Medical Centre & Assisted Reproduction Technology Unit Fertility Centre, Edo State, we have world class hysteroscopy facility, with highly specialized medical and nursing personnel
Our team of experts are some of the best on the continent. Our staff are known for their outstanding attention to detail, follow-up, kindness, empathy and personalized care which are some of our center’s core values.
Successful treatment and occurrence of pregnancy: This commonly occurs, when, the identified problems are successfully treated with either the drugs…